A pandemic that is causing severe panic throughout the globe is coronavirus, which is officially known as COVID-19. It started spreading from China and now almost every country is getting affected by it. This virus is becoming lethal for mankind as till date, more than 5,700 people have died with the disease, while more than 152,00 are affected. The worst part is that various myths and misinformation is being spread regarding this virus which is causing more problems throughout the world.
Animal rearers have started killing livestock, people are hoarding on daily goods because of the belief that all shops and vegetable markets will be closed pretty soon. The panic is rising so much that those who are infected are afraid to come out in public or go for treatment. However, governments of various countries are taking precautionary measures and putting their efforts to control the pandemic, however, we all need to take certain measures to control the situation. Listed below are some tips that if followed, can really help you in protecting yourself from coronavirus.
- Make sure you don’t touch your eyes, nose, and mouth. This is because our hands touch a lot of things and the virus could be easily be picked this way.
- It is being highly advised that everyone must wash their hands thoroughly and often with soap and water. If you don’t have access to water or soap, make use of an alcohol-based hand.
- As coronavirus spreads similar to other respiratory illnesses, such as the flu, one must practice respiratory hygiene to make sure that the other doesn’t get affected. If you want to cough or sneeze, use a tissue to cover your mouth and then discard it in the dustbin.
- Maintaining social distance is of utmost priority at the current moment.
- If you are pregnant, be tension free as there is no additional risk to pregnant women or their babies.
- It has also been cleared that dogs or cats cannot transmit coronavirus to humans, however, they should be kept away from coming in contact with other people while out on a walk.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and eat or drink foods that boost your immunity.
- Avoid using alcohol, smoking and other drugs to deal with your emotions or anxiety. You must talk to a trusted friend or family member to get help.
- Follow the facts and stay away from myths to determine the current status of the virus. Follow credible sources like WHO to get accurate information.
- Avoid spending a lot of time watching or listening to media coverage that you perceive as upsetting.